Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009

Scored some good stuff used today.

Anthrax, Among the Living (How you gonna pass this up for $5?)
Darkthrone, A Blaze in the Northern Sky
Possessed, Seven Churches
S.O.D, Speak English or Die (The Re-Issue with all the live shit.)

... all for about $20. Stoked.

The weather's been really nice lately. Today was perfect for driving around and listening to Endtroducing... (which apparently Alicia is already familiar with?)

Got a lot done today, which always feels good before heading back to work. I'm missing the Fight Amp and Moutheater show tomorrow though, which sucks, and likely Rotten Sound on Tuesday. I hope to compensate for this by heading up to Wolves In the Throne Room in Richmond with some friends next week. I could use some dude-time.

I missed out on a chance to hang out with an old friend today, which was a bit of a bummer, but I caught up with my dad, which only happens every few months for some reason or other, so I was happy for that.

Lately I feel like I measure my satisfaction with life by my ability to accomplish things that might not be necessary, but are helpful. Working on the car or yard, organizing something around the house that had been in disarray, shit like that. I think it's indicative of either feeling like I don't control my circumstances enough or feeling like I haven't accomplished enough in life through some other means.

No comments: